Wednesday, September 23, 2015

US Consulate Appt

This morning we dressed little nicer, ate breakfast downstairs earlier and met our guide Grace in the lobby at 8:50am. We had our US Consulate Appointment. We joined several other families that had appointments the same morning. We were told we couldn't take any snacks, toys, backpacks, electronics or drinks. This should be fun with a 2 year old that ALWAYS has a snack in her hand and toys available ;-) God always has an amazing way of putting things in perspective for you! Doesn't he.. We went upstairs 2nd floor 7th window got a ticket and waited. They had a cute kids area and Brooklyn LOVED it! As I started to make conversation with another mother I noticed she was on the verge of tears. She adopted previously a little girl and she was adopting a little boy that was 8 years old. Her husband couldn't come this time but she had her older two girls with her helping. She told me her little boy was having a really hard time. She said it was the opposite of how it was with her daughter. I could only tell her words of encouragement that others had given me. Our number was called our documents were checked and we went to another window and did our oath. We then were called up one by one for an interview. Approved and she said congratulations! I was beaming as we walked out of the building. Our sweet tour guide Grace took our picture in front of the building. It was the final process here to make her legally ours!

Dan's back has been hurting off and on, he came to the hotel and took a nap with Brooklyn. Nathan, Daniel and I went to the grocery store, shopping and coffee. I am starting to realize my days are coming to end here with the two older boys.I have really enjoyed the time I have spent with them! They are funny, confident, respectful and basically a complete joy to be around! I love watching them interact with their new sister and how they are so gentle and sweet to her! It makes my heart explode!
I sure have been missing my two little ones. We have been face timing at night (morning here) and it makes my day so much brighter! I can't wait to have them all under one roof!!!

We joined our sweet new friends for dinner since they were leaving the next morning to head back to Michigan. We have really enjoyed getting to know them and hope we can stay connected and let the kids see each other as they get older! We had the best dinner since we have been here, at a place called Noodle House it was Vietnamese. It was so good! I may have to learn how to make some of this food because little Brooklyn can't put aways some serious noodles and rice!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs