Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gotcha Day

I am writing this two days later so forgive me if the details aren't all there ;-)

Our Civil Affaris appointment was changed from 10:30am to 2:30pm. This left us with lots of spare time and trying to keep ourselves busy. We went to Starbucks and walked around downtown Kunming. I came back and changed my outfit about 4 times. We prayed as a family and headed out to meet the other 3 families in the lobby. With butterflies in my stomach we pulled up to downtown Kunming and the guide told us the bus was too big so we had to walk another 10 minutes. As we got closer we noticed two girls by a car with a woman. Nathan said that's Brooklyn. I told him to get the ipad out and start recording. This wasn't at all how I was picturing it to go. We slowly walked up to her and said hi. I didn't know if I should pick her up or let the nanny pick her up. My instincts took over and I scooped her up, she cried as we walked into the building. The other two babies were inside for the other two families. It was stressful and uncomfortable as we had so many families with one translator. They asked for one family member to fill out paperwork at the table, I gave her to Dan. She sat with him as quiet as could be, taking it all in. I looked back from the table often as I was filling everything out and saw Daniel crying. It was a very emotional experience for all of us. As we wrapped up the paperwork we needed to do in order to leave, the nanny came to Brooklyn hugged her and cried. I began to get emotional, watching this woman walk away knowing how much she loved her it was so hard to see. It was a realization once again, my gain was at the expense of a another woman's heartbreak! We made the long walk back to the bus with 4 new children and was so thankful to have her in my arms.

Then it was a Trip to Walmart of course. Dan went to the room with Brooklyn while Daniel and I went.. Talk about an experience. I will never ONCE complain about a walmart in the US after going to one in China. We loaded up on formula, diapers, Oreos and a stroller. The necessities right ;-)

Once I got back to the room Dan and Brooklyn were sleeping in the bed. We woke her up, gave her a bottle and stared at her for 2 hours. We played toys with her and then the sweetest moment. She moved over to Daniel and laid her head on his chest. Talk about making your heart explode!!!
He loved every minute! She definitely favors Dan and Daniel but she won't cry when I hold her so we are thankful for that.

I have videos and lots of pictures to share, if the Internet every starts to cooperate! Love you guys and I know you are dyingfor pictures. I promise I will keep trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs