Friday, September 11, 2015

Greetings from Bejing, China

Greetings from Bejing, China!!
If you can read this, this alone is an answered prayer. We have had major technical issues. So, I may have to update as much as I can with words and add photos later (insert sigh here). Trying to be flexible and adaptable!

Day One

We started our day early with a tour of Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. It was really interesting and we have an amazing tour guide named Candy. For those of you that didn't hear, I pulled my calf muscle the night before we left making it extremely painful to put ANY weight on it! Seriously! I felt like having a moment out of the movie War Room where Priscilla yells outside her house at the devil to LEAVE your not going to win here. Well, I did this but I didn't yell outside my house ;-)Prayers answered as of today it is so much better.. So during our tours I was able to get a wheelchair which helped tremendously (including cutting the lines)..haha

During the Forbidden City tour, Nathan was pretty fascinated that the Empire had 8,000 girlfriends as said him and the Empire had lots in common. :-) The boys are at such a great age they are taking  it all in. Including the lady that asked me to take a picture with her.. I joked maybe I looked like JLo....HAHA

After the two tours we ate at a great Chinese restaurant. We have another family that is from Michigan with us. We will be with them the entire trip. They are so nice and have 3 children with them that are so sweet. They are adopting alittle girl named Lucy that is missing a bone from her arm. She is gorgeous! I know its the beginning of an experience we will share together that will bind us together for the rest of our lives. 

We went back to our hotel and opted to check out Starbucks and the mall instead of sleeping.. Jet lag was wanting to take over but we knew we needed to stay busy. I love that the young woman at Starbucks spoke little English but knew Starbucks lingo and its universal. HAHA!

After Starbucks we met our tour guide and the other family to go see an Acrobatic show, it was some of the same acts from the opening of the Olympics. It didnt' disappoint. Some really cool things you don't see in the US. Like 8 motorcycles inside a small circled cage inches from each other. It was enough to make you cover your eyes but still look at the same time!! 

That was Day One.. I am so upset I can't upload pictures but I determined to figure out how to do it! We want you to know that our ENTIRE family feels your prayers. My calf is better , Dan's back is holding up, older boys are having a blast and the little ones too! We LOVE you~ 3 more days till we meet Brooklyn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs