Sunday, September 13, 2015

A letter to my daughter

Dear Brooklyn,

This is the day we will lay eyes on each other for the very first time. The first time I will hold your hand and feel your warmth. The first time I will kiss your sweet face and hug you so tight. I will remember this day and this moment the rest of my life. I want you to know how loved you are! How much we prayed for you! How we talked about this moment with your brothers months before this day every came. How God knew YOU would be apart of our family forever! How many friends are waiting for you when you get home! How a whole community of friends and family have and are praying for you.  They are waiting to love on you! There is nothing that can separate my love from you! This will be the first of many memories we will create together! I love you!

My Prayer,
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for faithfulness to oversee all the details that brought Brooklyn to us! We are overwhelmed with your goodness! Thank you for placing a community of believers and family in our lives that are lifting us up in prayer and helping with all the details at home. I pray that you will comfort Brooklyn during this time and that she will know our love for her unconditional  And one day  ultimately Your love for her. Please give me guidance and wisdom on how to comfort her! That she would feel our love for her immediately and would transition into our family with ease. 

"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith"  (2 Thess 1:11) -from the book For the Love Jen Hatmaker

Love Your Mom,

2 comments:

  1. Tears, Sarah! You are so right...a moment that can't be explained in words and one you'll remember forever. You and Dan have been on my heart and in my prayers all day. Love you, friend! <3
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Designer Blogs