Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Longest Day of my life!

First and foremost she slept straight through the night! Can I get an AMEN!!!

We started our day off at 9:30am to go back to the Civil Affairs building to finalize the paperwork and give our donation. We did the same ride on the same bus but with alittle girl on our lap. She looked out the window and I just was in awe of her! So in love! Hard to explain how you can love a child you only saw a picture of across the world. We walked down the same streets and walked into the same small room. To my surprise the nannies were there again. My heart was beating fast as I didn't know if Brooklyn would cry or run to her. We all were surprised they were there. We all took our turn sitting at the table doing all the paperwork ready for this process to be over. The nanny came up to her and took her from me, kissed her, laughed with her and twirled her around the room. I love that she loves her but selfishly I was yearning for that from her. I kept telling myself I have the rest of my life to have those moments with her. I would be lying if I didn't say I had a knot in my throat trying to hold back my tears. Brooklyn kissed her over and over again. I am thankful she had a bond with her and I know mine is coming. We took lots of pictures and left about 2 hours later.

On to the 4 hour drive to her orphanage, she is from a town called XuanWei.  It was a long drive, we stopped at the passport office to fill out more paperwork. We were all so tired and drained. Another short drive to the orphanage. We decided to leave Brooklyn on the bus with Dan, she had just started to laugh with Daniel and we weren't sure if she would be upset again. The orphanage was so nice, they had classrooms set up, bright colors and a huge play area. We were told there were about 16 children there and lots of pictures of Brooklyn up on the wall. It was clear this was a place that was really special! As I walked up the stairs looked at the picture of kids, one in particular stood out to me more than Brooklyn. the Cox's little boy Shepherd?? Could it be they were from  the same orphanage?? After texting with Whitney we confirmed they did!! They were at the same orphanage at the same time! God is so good. The family that we welcomed their new little boy at the airport, a year ago knew the little girl we would bring home a year later! WOW!!!

We gave our donations took more pictures and then off to KFC for dinner.. She had her first french fry and loved it!!

We got back to the hotel around midnight and we were all so tired! A day to remember for sure and thankful it was over!

Today we are taking her to Starbucks and Walmart. Then its off to a tour of Kunming! Sorry its taken so long. We love you guys. Keep the prayers coming.. God has been so faithful in answering s many of our needs.

With lots of love!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Can't believe she and shep are from the same orphanage! How crazy is that?
    I know that Was hard to see her so happy with her nanny but remember that since she had such a strong bond
    With her, she will have an even stronger bond with you. Stay strong mama. 😘
    off to get kids up for school but I'll pray that she wakes up in the morning and feels an even stronger bond with yall. Each day gets better.
    Love yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see her laughing and giving you all kisses! She was taught how to love and it won't take long for her to love all of you!! Same orphanage! That is crazy! Another one of God's blessings! Love yall and counting down!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Designer Blogs